1. A cryptographic system comprising
a portable medium on which a data key is retrievably stored;
a communicating element that includes means for reading said portable medium and retrieving said data key, means for receiving an input from a user, and means for manipulating information; and means for storing digital information;
a message of digital information that can be manipulated by said communicating element;
a program having a plurality of parts and which controls said communicating element, said program being stored in said storing means and accessible by said communicating element and can be run by said communicating element, said program including
means for directing said communicating element to read said portable medium and retrieve said data key;
means for receiving an input passphrase from a user, said passphrase comprising at least one password;
means for granting access to parts of said program based on said input passphrase and said data key;
means for creating a message trailer having a known number of bytes if access thereto has been granted by said access granting means of said computer program, and
means for attaching said message trailer to said message.
2. A cryptographic system as claimed in Claim 1 wherein said communicating element is a computer and said program is a computer program that can be run by said computer.
3. A cryptographic system as claimed in Claim 2 wherein said computer program further includes means for creating a unique file encryption key from information contained within said message trailer.
4. A cryptographic system as claimed in Claim 2 wherein said computer program further includes means for assigning program code representing a plurality of reasons for creation and use of said data key.
5. A cryptographic system as claimed in Claim 4 wherein said computer program further includes means for identifying said reasons for each key created prior to the creation of said key.
6. A cryptographic system as claimed in Claim 2 wherein said computer program further comprises means for rekeying at least one variables in said computer program used to encrypt at least one of said labels and file key.
7. A cryptographic system as claimed in Claim 2 wherein said message trailer is comprised of a plurality of concatenated identifiable label portions.
8. A cryptographic system as claimed in Claim 7 and further including a data base containing a plurality of label strings and a plurality of corresponding weighting factors, each said label portion being an encrypted said label string;
and said message trailer creating means including means to permit a user of said cryptographic system to access said data base and to select a label string.
9. A cryptographic system as claimed in Claim 7 and further including expert system means for evaluating said weighting factors of the user selected label strings to determine if the combination of selected label strings is a permitted combination.
Copyright (c) 2001-2007 RDFollendoreIII All Rights Reserved